Irish School of Motoring opens in 1912 at 13 Amiens Street, Dublin, providing “practical instruction in the mechanism and management of motor cars” for whoever could afford to buy a car!
Certificates issued by Irish School of Motoring for those who could carefully manage cars in traffic.
Irish School of Motoring opens a new office at 13b Conyngham Road, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8.
The Driving Test was introduced into Ireland.
John and Pat Walsh take over ISM and open its Head Office at 14 Lower Dorset Street on 16th August 1965. Business started with 2 training cars, a Morris Mini and a Morris 1100. First Receipts written showing two payments on their first day of business! First four weeks of lesson appointments… starting to get busy!
ISM’s first appointment card, showing a pupils lesson schedule.
ISM expands its fleet to 4 training cars, consisting of 2 Morris Minis, 1 Morris 1100 and a Ford Anglia.
ISM opens another office at 32 Dolphins Barn.
ISM continues to expand its business by opening Driving School offices in Ranelagh, Navan, Donaghmede, Tallaght, Dundrum, Terenure, Dun Laoghaire, Fairview, Fitzgibbon Street, Crumlin and Churchtown. During this time ISM expands its training services to provide professional training in Rigids, Artics, Minibuses, Coaches and Motorcycles.
Article in the Evening Herald with John and Pat Walsh celebrating a milestone in business.