This course is suitable for those who wish to require a qualification as an International Forklift Driving Instructor. It is suitable for both experienced drivers and those who have completed Operator Training.
This is an intensive 10 Day programme that requires significant study. Participants will receive theoretical study material to study and will undergo training on instructional techniques, workplace hazards, forklift operator testing, theory and practice. The ideal candidate should have sufficient experience and skill in operating a forklift truck and be of a confident nature. This course is externally examined by an RTITB examiner which is included in the overall cost.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
• Plan, prepare and present forklift instruction
• Conduct and mark theoretical tests
• Issue certificates to operators upon completion of training
• Be fully familiar with RTITB standards
• Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005
• Instructional techniques
• Safety responsibility of the operator
• Workplace hazards
• Assessment of participants operating abilities
• Pre-service checks
• Presentations of practical lessons by participants
• Forklift truck operator testing, theory and practice
• Assessment by outside examiner and examination
• 10 days
Potential candidates must either be pre-qualified Forklift operators or have successfully completed the requirements of the Novice Training Programme. In both cases, they must have formal training in operating the type of truck on which they are expected to instruct e.g. Counterbalance or Reach. Specifically:
• Candidates must have a current and valid Forklift Operators certificate
• Candidates must have completed the Novice Training Programme or received formal operator refresher training within the 12 months prior to attending the Forklift Instructor course
• If a candidate trains as a Counterbalance Forklift Instructor, this will only qualify him/her to deliver training on Counterbalance Trucks. A further one-day conversion course would be required to qualify the instructor to deliver training on Reach trucks
Participants complete a theoretical and practical exam. On successful completion of the exam participants are awarded an RTITB Forklift Instructor Certificate.
Our Courses take place in one of our two state-of-the-art, custom-built facilities in Dublin (Tallaght or Finglas). They are delivered by highly experienced qualified Forklift Instructors. Specific points to note regarding the facility include:
• Specially designed to meet the needs of all learners
• Complies with all legislative requirements in terms of Health & Safety
• Both Centres located close to the M50 for easy access from all locations
• ISM Training Centres are the largest dedicated fork-lift training facilities in the Republic
• Specially-designed Training Rooms with leading edge technical capabilities as standard
• ISM provides Counterbalance, Reach, Power Pallet, Scissor-Lift, Telescopic Boom etc.
• All ISM trainees are provided with hi-viz jackets to ensure safety whilst in the Warehouse
• ISM provides Rigid Trucks reversed into Warehouse to show trainees how to load actual vehicles
Additionally, please note that ISM has a full policies and procedures in place for:
• Health and Safety
• Environmental Awareness
Amongst other things, ISM’s Health and Safety Policy covers:
• First Aid and Accident Reporting
• Traffic & Vehicle Management
• Hazard Identification Procedures
• Health & Safety Management Guides
• Fire Safety
This is an intensive 10 Day programme that requires significant study. Participants will receive theoretical study material to study and will undergo training on instructional techniques, workplace hazards, forklift operator testing, theory and practice.